I have a few grim facts for you:
- Less than 9% of plastic waste is recycled globally
- 80% of all marine debris is made up of plastic
- 85% of plastic packaging ends up in landfills
I have worked with Safe Catch for years, creating fun and easy recipes with their delicious, convenient products. Wild tuna, salmon, and sardines are the products we use at home most often, and we are stocked on flavored pouches for quick meals and snacks, road trips, and meals on-the-go. Each of these items pack valuable Omega-3 fats, protein, and a variety of essential nutrients, but that is true for most tuna, salmon, and sardines. What helps Safe Catch stand above the rest is their commitment to safe seafood and lending a positive contribution to the planet.
When it comes to safety, Safe Catch keeps your wellness in mind with their strict testing and selectivity in which fish makes it to your plate. Their tuna is traceable from catch to can, and *every*single*fish* is tested for mercury content. If it doesn’t meet their purity standards, they aren’t buying it. In fact, 1 out of every 4 tuna do not pass their purity tests, which is why they test every fish. AND, they are the only brand that does!
You get the point: no one believes more in the quality of their product than Safe Catch.
As they say… I came for delicious, convenient fish, and stayed for the safety. While I stayed, I also learned how committed Safe Catch is to supporting our environment. Now, for some more uplifting facts!
- Through their work with rePurpose Global, the World’s leading Plastic Action Platform, Safe Catch has recovered over 195,629 pounds of ocean-bound plastic from our oceans. This amount of plastic is equivalent to the weight of 30 orca whales.
- For every 1 can or 1 pouch of Safe Catch purchase, they are able to help extract 5 grams of plastic from our oceans.
- Safe Catch’s project is called Saaf Samudra (meaning Clean Seas), has alone contributed to 1.5 million pounds of ocean-bound plastic recovery in 2022 and has helped improve the lives of 25 waste workers.
And there you have it. I came for delicious, convenient fish, and stayed for the safety AND mission. What else could you ask for in an organization? It should be no surprise why Safe Catch is our “house” brand of canned and pouched fish.
If you’re new to Safe Catch and wanting to try it for the first time, use code CONFESS15 for 15% off your order. And, if you already love their products, use my code to buy in bulk (guilty!) so you’re never without a lean, healthy protein for your meals and snacks.