Healthy Carrot Cake Oatmeal Cookies
Servings: 14 cookies
- 1 cup instant oats
- 3/4 cup whole wheat or gluten-free flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp coconut oil or unsalted butter melted and cooled slightly
- 1 large egg room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 3/4 cup grated carrots
- In a medium bowl, whisk together oats, flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. In a separate bowl, whisk together coconut oil, egg, and vanilla. Stir in the maple syrup until thoroughly incorporated.
- Add in the flour mixture, stirring until just incorporated. Fold in the carrots and chill dough for at least 30 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 325°F, and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Drop the cookie dough into 14 rounded scoops on the baking sheet. Slightly flatten the cookies with a spatula.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes. Cool on baking sheet for at least 15 minutes before turning onto a wire rack.