Who loves something sweet at the end of the day? I sure do! I am always trying to maximize my nutrition aiming to get the most nutrient density out of everything I eat. Take a cookie for example. Although it is delicious and satisfies my desire for something sweet without costing too many calories, it provides few nutritional benefits. I have been thinking about ways to add nutritional value to my dessert and I have partnered with GNC Earth Genius to show you how I make a chai chocolate chip cookie with SuperFoods Supreme Vanilla Chai. All opinions are my own. Please note, The US Food and Drug Administration has not evaluated these statements. These products and statements are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Remember that low nutritional value cookie I mentioned? Empty calories no more! My chai chocolate chip cookie has been turned into a nutritional powerhouse using the Earth Genius SuperFoods Supreme Vanilla Chai powder. This line of products is available exclusively at GNC who I have trusted for years to provide wholesome, smart and better-for-you products. The SuperFoods Supreme line is made from over 35 different superfood ingredients and includes protein, prebiotics and enzyme support. Talk about nutrient-dense! I have used the Earth Genius products over the last several months and love that they are non-GMO, gluten free and contain no artificial colors, flavors or sweeteners. It is so hard to find a nutritional supplement made from wholesome ingredients, but the Earth Genius line – inspired by nature and crafted by experts – has developed some of the best quality supplements I’ve seen! How can SuperFoods Supreme help you increase your nutrient density? Check out this link http://bit.ly/2H1jfr7 for BOGO 50% off all Earth Genius products in-store and online, and comment with your recipe ideas below! Oh! Did I mention SuperFoods Supreme also comes in a berry flavor? Whether you like the cozy warmth of vanilla chai or the brightness of berries, SuperFoods Supreme can help you amp up the nutritional value of your everyday foods!
Chai Chocolate Chip Cookie with SuperFoods Supreme Vanilla Chai
- 1 2/3 cup flour
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 scoop Earth Genius SuperFoods Supreme Vanilla Chai
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp ginger
- 1/2 tsp chai spice
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 piece egg plus 1 egg yolk large
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chunks
- Whisk together flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl.
- Beat butter, sugars, Earth Genius SuperFoods Supreme and spices in a large mixer bowl at medium speed until creamy.
- Beat in egg, egg yolk and vanilla until combined. Reduce speed to low and gradually add flour mixture. Beat just until incorporated.
- Fold in chocolate chunks. Cover dough and chill in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (If cookie dough has chilled overnight, let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes before baking).
- Line two baking sheets with silicone mats or parchment paper.
- Form 1 1/2-inch balls of dough and place two inches apart on prepared baking sheets.
- Press mounds to flatten slightly.
- Top cookies with chocolate chunks, pressing gently to adhere.
- Bake, rotating pans halfway through for 10-11 minutes until edges are set.
- Cool for 5 minutes on baking sheets, then transfer to a wire rack. Sprinkle cookies with flaky sea salt and let cool completely.