- 12 ounces extra firm tofu
- 1 T sesame oil
- 1 inch ginger, minced or ½ t dried ginger
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large l head cauliflower or 3-4 cups riced cauliflower
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 2 cups broccoli
- 2 carrots
- ¼ cup soy sauce (or coconut aminos)
- T brown sugar
- 1 T sriracha
- ¼ cup peanut butter or almond butter
- 2 T water
- 2-3 green onions, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup slivered almonds
1. Preheat oven to 400F.
2. Remove excess liquid from tofu by placing between two paper towels. Cube and place on parchment lined baking sheet. Bake 25 minutes.
3. Rice the cauliflower using a food processor or blender.
2. Dice the pepper and broccoli. Slice carrots into thin match sticks.
4. Prepare sauce by whisking ingredients until combined. If too thick, microwave for 15-30 seconds.
5. Add cooled tofu to sauce and stir to coat. Let marinate for 15 minutes.
6. Heat 1 T sesame oil on medium- high heat in large nonstick skillet. With slotted spoon, add tofu to pan stirring often until browned. Remove from pan and set aside.
7. Heat remaining 1T sesame oil in pan. Add the garlic and ginger and stir fry 10-15 seconds, until fragrant. Add bell pepper, broccoli, and carrots. Sauté on medium heat for 5-6 minutes, until vegetables are tender.
8. Add the cauliflower “rice” and remaining sauce and stir on medium heat, approximately 10 minutes.
9. Top with tofu, sliced green onions, and slivered almonds for garnish.