Eating healthy is something I preach on the daily. I have always enjoyed eating vegetables, and as a registered dietitian it is my pure joy to help patients consume healthier foods. I often find my patients either dislike the taste of vegetables or don’t purchase because it is tedious to clean, prepare, cut and cook. They are also concerned about produce going bad too quickly and find this to be wasteful.
Fresh Express® has come to the rescue with their Sauté Kit™ to save time, money, and create flavorful dishes in 3 minutes! I am so excited to share with you that I have partnered with Fresh Express® to create this quick and tasty recipe with the new, super simple Fresh Express® Tuscan Kale Sauté Kit™. Check out the recipe below where I added a poached egg and avocado to increase protein content and healthy fats to help you feel fuller, longer. Allow Fresh Express® to take the stress out of your life and add flavor back into your diet!
- 1 bag Fresh Express® Tuscan Kale Sauté Kit™
- 2 Tbsp vinegar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 avocado
1. Prepare your Fresh Express® Tuscan Kale Sauté Kit™ by following the three easy instructions on the package (takes about 3 minutes).
2.Once Sauté Kit™ is prepared, move veggies to a plate and keep warm
3. Boil water with 2 tablespoons vinegar in a sauce pan.
4. While water and vinegar come to a boil, crack egg gently into a small dish to provide a cleaner drop into the pan.
5. Once water is boiling, use a utensil to swirl water and gently drop egg into water.
6. Boil for 3-4 minutes.
7. Remove egg with a slated spoon and serve with half of an avocado, sliced and seasoned, over your cooked Fresh Express® Tuscan Kale Sauté Kit™.