- 1 pound cooked shredded chicken
- ¼ cup lime juice
- ½ cup salsa
- T chili powder
- 2 t cumin
- 1 t oregano
- 1 large head cauliflower or 3-4 cups riced cauliflower
- 1 T ghee, olive oil, or coconut oil
- 4 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 1 cup black beans
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and diced
- ½ cup diced red onion
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- Sliced avocado
- Plain Greek yogurt
- Lime wedges
- Tortilla chips
1. Combine shredded chicken, lime juice, salsa, and spices in skillet on low-medium heat for 8-10 minutes. Remove and set aside.
2. Rice the cauliflower using a food processor or blender.
2. Heat 1T oil in a large pan over medium-high heat; add the cauliflower and cook, stirring occasionally, until the cauliflower rice is tender and slightly golden brown, about 7-10 minutes.
2. Assemble burrito bowls with lettuce as base, cauliflower rice, black beans, chicken, diced tomatoes, red onion, cilantro, and jalapeno.
3. Top burrito bowls with desired toppings.
Melissa is a registered dietitian living and working in NYC for over a decade. While she is a dietitian by profession, Melissa believes that being healthy does not just mean from a dietary perspective. To her, health encompasses eating nutritious foods, exercising, and balancing mental well-being.